A few random details clearly indicating that, indeed, Berlin is not in Sweden:
- Lidl sells Captain Morgan's rum. Started wondering how a Lidl branded rum bottle would look.
- I have used cash multiple times throughout the day.
- Not only that, the payments evened up so nicely I used up all my small change at one point.
- Both a visit to a doctor and the following use of a prescription were super fast, efficient and pleasant. I spent perhaps three minutes in a waiting room, and by far the longest part was running outside to find an ATM.
- The shower in my nice hotel room has a design like any you would find in a home. Completely intuitive and guessable. This sets it apart from what I hereby dub the Swedish roulette style, most often employed by Swedish hotels which like to think of themselves as somewhat nicer. The goal is clearly to make it impossible to guess from where whater will start to spray at you when activated, how temperature is regulated or, ideally, even which parts of the assembly can manipulated at all.